Friday, August 10, 2012

Honey I Shrunk the Alzheimer's Caregivers


What I am saying is the most important needs of Alzheimer's caregivers are not being met or addressed and no amount of "lip service" can change the facts.

By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room


Honey I Shrunk the Alzheimer's Caregivers
We are so small no one can see us.

I am referring here to Alzheimer's caregivers and their loved one's who are deeply forgetful.

They claim there are 5.4 million persons living with Alzheimer's, and 15 million Alzheimer's caregivers. What is the size of our extended family in the Alzheimer's community? 40 million? 100 million?

We can yell and shout all we want. Nobody can hear us.

It seems to me that we are like the kids in the movie, Honey I Shrunk the Kids?

Where are we? Nobody can see us. Hey, look down here in the grass. Help.