Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What Was the First Sign of Alzheimer's?

Memory loss. Was memory loss the sign that "tipped" me to my mother's dementia.

By Bob DeMarco
Alzheimer's Reading Room

During October, I was interviewed on the radio thirteen times. In a couple of weeks, I'll be doing 4 television interviews and three more radio interviews.

I get a version of this question every time. What were the early signs of Alzheimer's disease in your mother?

As many of you know, if you look at the various lists of the early signs of Alzheimer's disease you will see some version of this listed number one every time -- Memory loss is the most common sign of Alzheimer's disease.

Memory loss. Was memory loss the sign that "tipped" me to my mother's dementia. NO.

I am interested in hearing what you believe were the early signs that caused you to think that it might be Alzheimer's disease or dementia.

Continue Reading What Was the First Sign of Alzheimer's Disease in Your Case?and Comment


Recent Articles





Original content Bob DeMarco, the Caregiver.