Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Alzheimer's Repetitive Questions, Behavior and the Role of Communication

Guess what I learned? I learned that I was no longer exasperated, bent out of shape, or stressed out. Quite the opposite in fact. I felt good about myself. I felt good, not bad.

ALZheimer's Repetitive Questions, Behavior and the Role of Communication


By Bob DeMarco
+Alzheimer's Reading Room 


One thing that drives Alzheimer's caregivers crazy is repetitive questions and repetitive behavior. I know this from the number of emails I receive on this issue, and the number of comments we get on the issue.

It is clear to me that a large fraction of persons living with Alzheimer's disease ask the same things over and over. I understand how disconcerting this can be -- I was there once upon a time.


+Bob DeMarco , +Alzheimer's Reading Room

 To learn more about Alzheimer's and Dementia visit the Alzheimer's Reading Room